NPIAP COVID-19 Related Resources for Pressure Injury Prevention
NPIAP Panel Members have provided these resources as a convenience to website visitors and for informational purposes only. Once you click on these links, you will be leaving the NPIAP site and going to a third party site. NPIAP makes no assurances to the accuracy of the content present on external websites.
1. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) causes pressure injuries.
- NPIAP position paper on preventing injury with N95 masks. This position paper is unique in that it combines current evidence in both pressure injury prevention and PPE science as a basis for recommendations within the context of the COVID-19 crisis. Link Here
- NPIAP Protecting Facial Skin Under PPE N95 Face Masks info-graphic. Link Here
- Prevention of skin lesions caused by Personal Protective Equipment. Link here(The Portuguese Wound Management Association)
- N95 mask. Please refer to these CDC links for additional information on N95 mask respirators. Link here.
- COVID-19 and Pressure Ulcer Prevention Forum Link here.(European Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel)
- The NIH 3D Print Exchange are posting designs for various COVID-related devices. Link here
2. COVID-19 Pressure Injury Prevention – PIP Tips for Prone Positioning. Link here.
3. COVID-19 treatment with CPAP and BiPAP. Please review the following resources:
- FREE MDRPI Prevention Posters. Link here.
- 2019 International Guideline recommendations on positioning strategies and use of prophylactic dressings to prevent sacral pressure injuries. Link here.
4. Skin Manifestations with COVID-19 Link here.
- This White Paper is now available in published form in the following languages: Chinese, Spanish, French and Portuguese on the member's only section of the WCET Website. Link here.
5. Unavoidable Pressure Injury during COVID-19 Pandemic. Link here.
6. Covid-19 Nutritional Support.
7. Nutrition and Immunity Podcast series. Link Here
- A review of the SCCM/Aspen COVID-19 Recommendations
- Nutrition support of the COVID-19 ICU Patient
- Nutritional needs of COVID-19 patients in-hospital & post-discharge
- The role of hydration in acute inflammatory process & recovery
- Impact of pandemics on older adults
8. COVID-19 Re-entry Guidance for Health Care Facilities and Medical Device Representatives. Link Here